Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 350: Western Scrub Jay

Well, I have I have 17 more posts left (including today) to make it until the end of the year. Hard to believe this year of posts is almost over! I am out of personal photos, unfortunately, but I have 12 more birds that I have seen or heard that I will be posting about. That means I need to see 5 more birds to make it to the ultimate goal of 366 this year. Hopefully, I will pick up those 5 when we go to Texas in a few days. We'll see. Even if I don't quite make it, it's been a great run!

Our hunt for today's bird, the Western Scrub Jay, is a bit of a sad story. On the last day of our Colorado trip in August, we stopped at a park on our way to the airport, with the hopes of seeing one. Sure enough, we did! However, I had forgotten to bring the camera battery charger with me on the trip (I know, right? How silly is that?), and we had been rationing out the camera battery until that very last day. The camera literally died on me for good right as I was trying to take a photo of a Western Scrub Jay. So, I have a photo in spirit, but in reality...I've learned my lesson and will never forget the camera charger again (hopefully)!

Here's what one looks like, but again...not my photo:


No comments:

Post a Comment