Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 162: Black-throated Green Warbler

The Black-throated Green Warbler is another cute songbird that breeds in the eastern U.S. This little bird certainly made me work for a photo, though! We saw several during our trips out to western Maryland a few weeks ago. One bird, in particular, was close by on a trail, so I decided to stalk it for some photos. Instead of behaving nicely and "posing" for me on a branch, it kept flitting around, hopping from branch to branch and tree to tree. I tried to keep up, but swinging around a giant camera/lens that much really tires you out. I managed to get a few okay photos by the end of our "session," but I think the little guy got the best of me!




Black-throated Green Warblers have an olive-green crown, a yellow face with olive markings, a thin pointed bill, white wing bars, an olive-green back and pale underparts with black streaks. Adult males have a black throat and upper breast; females have a pale throat and black markings on their breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment