Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 288: Connecticut Warbler

Happy birthday to my sweet husband, Jared!!

Today's bird, the Connecticut Warbler, was Jared's nemesis bird this fall for a while. No matter how many times he went out to find one, he just never seemed to be in the right place at the right time. Finally, a few weeks ago, he found a Connecticut Warbler one morning at Hughes Hollow, a marshy area close to the Potomac River (though, he had forgotten to bring the camera!). He called me, and I rushed over, camera in tow. Luckily, Jared was able to find it again, and I got some great photos! This was a state bird for both of us.



I threw Jared a bird-themed birthday party to celebrate his 30th, and in honor of his recent great find, I made him a Connecticut Warbler cake!



No comments:

Post a Comment